Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a few things

1.I had the rare opportunity to work from a model tonight. My friend Mercedes was visiting from New York, and was nice enough to sit for a quick portrait. I was pretty rusty at first, but I think I warmed up on this drawing. I used a combination of ballpoint pen, acrylic-ink wash, and marker on this piece. I'm going to try to work with her one more time before she leaves. I miss doing drawings from life, so hopefully opportunities like this happen more often!


2.Some friends of mine started a new art/culture magazine. The first issue was just released this past weekend, and they've included a couple of my images. Check out Debaclemag.com to find out where you can get your hands on a copy.
3. I'm part of this group show coming up. It's going to be great. If you're to be in the area, I'll see you there.

No comments: